What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site,
or fill out a form. When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. What do we use your information for? Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
1. To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual
2 To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
3 To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
4 To process transactions
Terms and Conditions
1. RENT. Rent is the sum per month payable in advance upon the FIRST DAY of each and every calendar month to Lessor. IN THE EVENT THAT RENT IS NOT PAID WITHIN 5 (DAYS) AFTER THE DUE DATE OR IN THE EVENT OF A DISHONORED BANK CHECK FROM TENANT TO LESSOR, TENANT AGREES TO PAY S10.00 AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES FOR SAID LATE PAYMENT AND $30.00 AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES FOR SAID DISHONORED BANK CHECK AS ADDITIONAL RENT.
2. USE AND OCCUPANCY AND COMPLIANCE WITH LAW. The premises are to be used only for storage of personal property and household goods owned by Tenant. Tenant agrees that the premise will not be used for operation of any business or for human or animal occupancies. Trash or other materials shall not be allowed in or near the leased premises. The storage of welding or flammable explosive or other inherently dangerous material is probhibited. Vehicles or other similar fuel-driven equipment may be stored only if the fuel tanks are empty. Lessee shall not store in the premises any items which shall be in violation of any order or requirement imposed by the Board of Health, Sanitary Department, Police Department, or other government or governmental agency or in violation of any other legal requirement, or do in or upon or connected with the premises.
3. SIGNS. No painted or other signs shall be placed on the leased premises.
4. RULES. Tenant agrees to abide by all NORTHWOOD, INC. MINI-STORAGE rules and policies that are now in effect or that my be put into effect from time to time.
5. CONDITION AND ALTERATION OF PREMISES. Tenant has examined the premises and hereby accepts them as being in good order, condition and repair. Tenant agrees to immediately notify Owner of any defects or dangerous conditions and Tenant agrees to keep the premises in good order and condition.
6. TERMINATION. The tenancy under this Agreement may be terminated by Lessor or Tenant by the giving by one written notice to the other of his intention to terminate the tenancy at least ten (10) days prior to the end of any term of this lease. As conditions for such termination, Tenant shall do the following: COMPLETELY vacate the premises in good and clean condition, reasonable wear and tear expected, and leave NOTICE TO VACATE and all Lessor to inspect the premises in Tenant's presence to verify the final condition of the premises and its contents.
7. ABANDONMENT. Tenant shall not abandon the premises at any time during the term of this Agreement. If Tenant shall abandon said premises or be dispossessed by process of law, or otherwise, then Lessor or his agent shall have the right to take immediate possession of and re-enter said premises.
In the event said notice to teminate has been given and in the event no portion the rent for said 30 day period has been paid by Tenant to Lessor, and in the event any of Tenent's personal property remains on the premises, Tenant herby grants to Lessor the right to re-enter premises, remove Tenant's personal property and store it in a safe place, consider the tenancy terminated and re-rent said premises. Lessor may store Tenant's personal property for a period of 30 days. Upon taking possession of said personal property, Lessor shall mail to Tenant, at all known addresses Tenant notice that Lessor has taken possession of the premises, and has taken possession of all of Tenant's personal property and has stored said personal property. At the expiration of said 30 days, Lessor may, by public or private sale, dispose of the personal property. If personal property that has been sold does not cover the total due by tenant, then tenant will be responsible for balance due. IF BALANCE NOT PAID, IT WILL BE TURNED OVER TO OUR ATTORNEY FOR COLLECTION.
8. ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLETTING. Tenant shall not sublet or assign all or any portion the premises or Tenant's interest therein without the prior written consent or Lessor.
9. LIABILITY, INSURANCE, AND CARE OF PERSONAL PROPERTY. Tenant acknowledges that he is leasing a self-service storage unit from Lessor to be locked by Tenant and that the Agreement does not create any kind of Bailor-bailee relationship between Tenant and Lessor. Lessor shall not be responsible for looking after the rented premises or caring for the Tenant's personal propery stored therein. Lessor shall not be liable to the Tenant or Tenant's employees, patrons, or visitors for any damage to person or property caused by an act of negligence of any other tenant of the building or buildings of which the rented premisess are a part. Tenant accepts the rented premises in the present condition as suitable for the purpose for which they are leased and accepts the rented premises as is. TENANT IS SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR SECURING AND PAYING FOR ANY INSURANCE COVERAGE ON HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY THAT HE DESIRES. TENANT FURTHER AGREES TO ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PLACING WOOD STRIPS UNDER THE CARDBOARD BOXES, FURNITURE AND OTHER ITEMS THAT COULD BE DAMAGED BY DAMPNESS, AND ALSO, TO PLACE DECON TABLET (OR SIMILAR) FOR PROTECTION AGAINST RODENTS.
10. APPLICABLE LAW. This agreement shall be construed according to the laws of the State of Kansas.
11. If not paid as agreed, this credit agreement provides for your payment of reasonable costs of collection, including, but not limited to, court costs, attorney fees and/or collection agency fees.
12. Lessor hereby acknowledges payment in advance for the first month's rent.